26335 Carmel Rancho Blvd. Ste. 9, Carmel, CA 93923

(831) 293-9330

Winkleblack CPAs

Trusted CPA advisors committed to your continuing success

Frequently Asked Questions


Where's My Refund?

Refunds may take up to eight weeks from the date of filing to be issued. Check the status of your IRS refund or a refund from the State of California. In order to verify your identity, you may be asked for information found only on your filed Tax Return


Do I need to change my withholdings?

The IRS encourages everyone to use the Tax Withholding Estimator to perform a quick “paycheck checkup.”  This is even more important following the recent changes to the tax law for 2018 and beyond.  The Estimator will ask you to estimate values of your 2019 income, the number of children you will claim for the Child Tax Credit and Earned Income Tax Credit, and other items that will affect your 2019 taxes. This process will take a few minutes

  • Gather your most recent pay stubs
  • Have your most recent income tax return handy; a copy of your completed Form 1040 will help you estimate your 2019 income as well as other characteristics, thereby speeding up the process
  • Keep in mind that the Estimator’s results will only be as accurate as the information you provide.  If your circumstances change during the year, you are self-employed, or have other main income sources other than from a job that issues you a form W2, have your CPA estimate your taxes for you
  • The Tax Withholding Estimator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Estimator


When Should I Consider Incorporating My Business?

There are many layers of items that need to be considered prior to incorporating your business - most of these considerations are unique to you, your family and your business. You should meet with a CPA to thoroughly discuss your most recent business financial reports, previous years tax returns and your company goals in order to make an informed decision - especially before making expansion plans, securing loans or making large purchases


What are my options for raising money?

Get some impartial advice from an accountant before you consult the bank. A bank will want to see a strong business plan and organized records. Let us help you get ready for your business's next step 

2019 Federal Tax Deadline Dates

Partnership & S Corporation tax returns filed on a fiscal year are due the 15th day of the third month after the end of that fiscal year. C Corporation Tax Returns Filed on a fiscal year are due the 15th day of the fourth month after the end of that fiscal year